Information and Communication Technology
The objective of this subcomponent is to design, develop, train, implement, maintain and an Integrated Information System for the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Nagaland at different health care facilities/offices and setup a database which will facilitate the following: a) to establish a single source of information through central repository of health sector data; b) to provide access to information to different stakeholders including people, health care workers, suppliers and decision makers; c) to provide workflow system in designated areas to reduce delay and effort in processes; d) to strengthen health system components – Human Resource Management and Health Management Information System; e) to manage and monitor progress of Nagaland Health Project.
An integrated information system is to be designed, developed and implemented in different healthcare facilities, offices and institutions of Directorate of Health & Family Welfare, Nagaland covering the following:
- Human Resource Information System including bio-metric attendance, payroll, posting, training, leave records, statutory benefits, etc. for Regular and Contractual employees; System shall be devised to prevent inadvertent/deliberate change of employee status from contractual to regular employee.
- Physical verification of employees posted in different offices, institutions and health care facilities with collection of identification data like bio-metric marks, signatures, geo-tagged photo and updation of their personnel records (including skills on computers) on the data provided by the Directorate from Personnel Information Management System (PIMS) and assigning Employee ID to each employee
- Facility Coding public health facilities involving GIS mapping of offices, institutions and health care facilities along with their one time data collection on location; infrastructure covering OPD chambers, emergency ward, other wards, Labour Room, Operation Theatre, Pathology, beds; services available; equipment available & their status; human resources sanctioned & posted; computers, peripherals and internet connection and connectivity status; mobile connectivity status; status of electricity supply and water supply; and performance indicators for last one year; assigning Facility/Office ID to each facility/office
- Health Management Information System including disease surveillance, performance of health care facilities, equipment & human resources, infrastructure, data import from web portals of NHM, NSACS and portals of other National Programs.
- Hospital Management System for District Hospitals covering OPD registration, prescription on SMS, pathology reports, drug distribution to patients and Electronic Medical Records of all indoor patients
- Systems for operational efficiency and transparency in the Directorate& CMO including File Tracking, Receipt & Dispatch, Vehicle Maintenance System, Medical re-imbursement of employees of the Directorate of Health & Family Welfare as well as employees of other State Govt. Departments, Grievance Redress System for employees
- Dashboard for top management
- Web portal of the Department of Health & Family Welfare, Nagaland and web based reporting system.
- Web based grievance Redress System for public and public interfaces on above enumerated systems